Monday, March 26, 2012

Narrow Your Focus (Playing Drill)

Tighten up your ball striking by using this mindset on the course

This drill is to be done while playing a round.  My two coaches, Dr. Bob Christina and Eric Alpenfels, strongly advocate this way of playing.  What you do is this:  mentally divide the fairway in half on your tee shots and pick a side of the pin on your approaches.  On tee shots, pick either the left side of the fairway or right and attempt to hit it.  On your approach, pick the portion of the green to the right or to the left of the flagstick and try to leave your ball on your chosen side.  This "shrinking" of your target will narrow your focus, bringing your attention to a much more defined area of acceptability. 

How I did:
This one is difficult to carry through your entire round.  I have to stay on myself with every tee shot and approach, making sure I've picked a side and made a swing towards the smaller target.  The more I do this the easier it gets, and I've found my ball striking improves every time I play this way. 

Scaling:
Beginner- Pick a side of the fairway and try to hit the center of every green

6 comments:

  1. hi eddie,

    bob geismar here---i am moving closer to my "thing"--the road has been a bit bumpy but will come out great---please get in touch with me--Dan(my son) told me about your blogging
    my email is BGDGJ@aol.com. best to you,

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. One person lucked out and had her hand phone replaced cost free. Being cute and shedding tears assisted a. Basically it is up to the employees on the store to decide what they go to do for you. Knowing the people at my iPhone store are under forgiving, Trouble want for taking my chances, so I began looking into getting my screen darned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. https://www.impactwrenchguides.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reviewing a huge stack of Fókuszpályázat and selecting a candidate in order to meet a tight deadline can be a daunting task. Making it more challenging is that many unqualified candidates can easily apply through online job boards. HR professionals, hiring managers and recruiters can speed up this process by bringing on an applicant tracking system that converts this from a manual to an automated process.

    ReplyDelete